Portrait Of Youth

 

 Sumbition portrait for Dazed and Confused



Supliment for 'A Portrait Of Youth'
A showcase of images collected by me over the last 12 months
that capture the culture and lifes of todays youth.
 




















 
A Mock Print out of the final book.
 
 
 
I began this brief with making a map of words related to youth and culture.
I searched the web for articles on cultural issues with today's youth and wrote down key words and points that people made. I noticed a reoccurring argument that people in particular parents were making that youth were 'lost', branding us as a 'lost generation'. I took this idea and decided to keep the project simple and capture a collection of images that document today's youth and life as a one. once i went out and took my images, i created a book let to showcase the images in. I decided to have no type for the images as they are all portraying the same message of youth. I designed the layout to be simple and bright to connote youth, it also makes the images stand out on the pages with no surrounding distractions such as type. I decided to overlap images with layers of colour and exclude them, this adds an element of vibrancy to the page. The layers also carry deeper connotations of the different sides of youth, in particular the rebellious side. the layers also represent the mask that some youths put on in order to fit in, in some of the images I used little overlapping in correlation to the image, for the image on page 19 I left raw to connote the subject of the image.
 
I had an idea from the beginning of the project that I wanted to create a supplement and believe that my final outcome is what I envisioned it to look like. If I had time to redo or change anything about my outcome I would add type to the images. I would also create a series of small books, this way I could tell the story of youth in more depth and cover more issues.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog